When using the “Don’t Shout Louder!”(hereafter referred to as DSL) website or reading any documentation produced by DSL, please note that the term ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘Don’t Shout Louder’ refers to the owner of DSL and the term ‘you’ or “client” refers to the person using or visiting the DSL website or purchasing services from DSL.
Browsing the DSL Website When using our website, you automatically accept and are bound by the DSL terms and conditions. You should not use our website if you disagree with these terms and conditions in any way, shape or form.
The intellectual property rights and material on the DSL website is wholly owned by them unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. You should note that:
• DSL does not provide any guarantee that the content on this website is accurate nor does DSL offer any warranty about the suitability of the content shown on this website or any documents produced by DSL. The user of the website is fully aware that the information provided by DSL might be inconsistent and also that DSL categorically exclude liability for any mistakes that may have occurred.
• The user should ensure that the DSL website is specific to their requirements. DSL accepts no responsibility if what is offered does not meet expectations.
• All the content on the DSL website is, without any notice, subject to change.
• All material on the DSL website is owned by us and may not be reproduced in any way unless written permission is given
• Written consent from DSL is needed to create links between this website and another website.
• Any other website links that are seen on this website are for your own use and benefit but this does not imply that DSL wholly agrees with the content of these websites nor does DSL accept any liability that may result from the content published on these linked websites.
• All trademarks published on this website that are reproduced are acknowledged.
• Any dispute arising from use of this website will be subject to the laws of England and Wales.
DSL reserves the right to be able to change these terms and conditions whenever they wish. These changes will be confirmed to existing clients in writing but changes will come into effect immediately. These terms and conditions are the ultimate agreement when it comes to DSL and clients. This means that no other terms and conditions can be put forward and agreed to by any party unless DSL provides written consent.
By agreeing to use our services, clients are automatically consenting to these Terms and Conditions.
All tuition will be carried out by competent tutors with the appropriate experience. Usually this means a fluent or native speaker of the language concerned. DSL reserves the right to substitute tutors of equal competence should the need arise.
Where DSL supplies an associate tutor to work with the client, the client may not under any circumstances organize or enter into a private arrangement with the associate tutor. Should DSL become aware of such an arrangement, the client should expect DSL to take formal action to prevent this happening again. The client will also be liable to DSL for the entire amount paid to the associate tutor.
Clients are expected to pay DSL at the end of lesson or beforehand. Payment should be cash or by bank transfer and private cheques will not be accepted Any credit arrangements are solely at the discretion of DSL and will be subject to agreement in writing before commencement of any tuition
DSL does not offer trial lessons on a free of charge basis. However, DSL will engage in a telephone call prior to the first lesson to fully understand needs and requirements and discuss appropriate arrangements.
Although DSL and its associate tutors will always endeavor to deliver a first class service in line with the client brief, DSL makes no warranties or guarantees of subsequent performance by the client in exams or any other such similar measure of performance.
It sometimes becomes necessary for a client to cancel a lesson due to unforeseen circumstances. DSL understands this and will endeavor to re-schedule the lesson However, the client should notify DSL if they wish to cancel an agreed lesson time Unless agreed upon by DSL, a 48 hour cancellation policy applies whereby the client will pay DSL the full cost of a minimum 1 hour lesson if the lesson is cancelled with 48 hours or less notice to DSL.
No liability is accepted by DSL for any claims made by the client that relates to any tutoring activity carried out by DSL or a DSL associate tutor.
Data Protection Act
The information gathered from clients by DSL is solely used by DSLfor the services that it provides. This information will not be disclosed to any third parties without the express written permission of the client.
All client information supplied to DSL will be treated in the strictest of confidence
Prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice except where DSL has agreed a fixed price with a client for an agreed period. All price quotes supplied by DSL in writing to a potential client will be valid for a period of 14 days from the date of the quote.
The cost of teaching materials, primarily textbooks is to be borne by the client